Adult Classes, Workshops & Special Programs
- The Energy Lab, Vasa the Studio, Photo & Camera, Meditation, Redlands, Redlands, CA 92374
- All Day on 04/01/2020 + Add to Your Calendar
- All Day on 04/02/2020 + Add to Your Calendar
- All Day on 04/03/2020 + Add to Your Calendar
- All Day on 04/04/2020 + Add to Your Calendar
- All Day on 04/05/2020 + Add to Your Calendar
- All Day on 04/06/2020 + Add to Your Calendar
- All Day on 04/07/2020 + Add to Your Calendar
Call for online options
The Energy Lab
- The Energy Lab is not your ordinary gym. We are a health and fitness studio, offering personal training, small group training, and innovative and integrative core fitness classes, including TRX suspension trainer, Pilates, CycleOps Cycling classes, FitCore, HoopCore - hula hooping, and Foam Roller Restoration and Rejuvenation classes. We specialize in functional core fitness training and wellness from the inside out! We offer Bootcamp Events, Cooking Classes, Kids Classes, parties, meditation and relaxation. We train for longevity and healthy living! T'ai Chi. Schedule
Paint & Create Parties
For adults and children. To register for a class email firstname.lastname@example.org (payment must be made in 24 hrs. to hold reservation) or either come into the store or phone 909-798-5363 and have your credit card ready. Upcoming classes
Redlands Aikikai is a martial & meditative arts studio that offers instruction in Aikido, Kendo, Tai Chi, Yoga and Kids Art. Our primary goal is to provide an environment where our practitioners develop high levels of skill, compassion, character and health and to maintain these throughout their lives. 951-743-5942 website
- First class free for Aikido! Mondays at 6:30 to 7:30, Tuesdays 7:10 to 8:10 & Thursdays 7:10 to 8:10, try a class for free. Just wear loose comfortable workout clothing, and come on down!
- 12 Week Tai Chi Session starts Tuesday, April 3. Signup anytime to reserve your spot!! Fundamental tai chi, every Tuesday from 6:00pm to 7:00pm; Applications Tai Chi every Tuesday from 7:00 to 8:00pm.
University of Redlands
- Yoga, led by Ian Wittenmyer and Pat Gearyv. Mondays, 8:30-9:30 am - Meditation Room Free Community Class Yoga, led by Ian Wittenmyer and Pat Geary Mondays, 8:30-9:30 am Description: This relaxed style of practice fosters a sense of connection with the present moment by placing emphasis on linking breath and movement. This class is for all levels. All of our classes are free and open to students, faculty, staff, and the community. For more information about the Meditation Room and a map to campus, visit our webpage here. The Meditation Room is located in Larsen Hall, room 210. We encourage you to arrive early to secure a spot in the Wed. p.m. classes. If a session is in progress when you arrive, you are welcome to join quietly, **UNLESS you see the FULL sign on the doorknob. If the door is locked, please do not bang on the door for it simply means the class is full.
- Meditation Room Free Community Class Yoga, led by Mina Jain Tuesdays, 5:15 – 6:45 pm. This free class is easy, effective, and enjoyable. No experience is required. All of our classes are free and open to students, faculty, staff, and the community. For more information about the Meditation Room and a map to campus, visit our webpage here. The Meditation Room is located in Larsen Hall, room 210. We encourage you to arrive early to secure a spot in the Wed. p.m. classes. If a session is in progress when you arrive, you are welcome to join quietly, **UNLESS you see the FULL sign on the doorknob. If the door is locked, please do not bang on the door for it simply means the class is full. For more information, e-mail to email@example.com.
- Buddhist Insight Meditation, led by Valerie Cusson Thursdays beginning Jan. 9, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Description: This Community Meditation Group includes a 20-30 minute guided meditation practice, Dharma teaching and opportunities for discussion. The class is suitable for all levels of meditation experience; beginners are especially welcome. This is a chance to come together and practice meditation, open our hearts and minds, and create a safe and welcoming community where all feel seen and heard. No experience necessary. Drop-in format. This is a free session open to students, faculty, staff, and the community. The Meditation Room is located in Larsen Hall, room 210. For more information, visit our webpage here. Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kriya Hatha Yoga, led by ArmoundMahmoudi Sundays, Year-round, 5:00-6:00 pm The main objective of this class is to introduce a student to 18 particularly effective postures which have the ability to induce a deep physical and mental relaxation. Through practicing these postures the student will also have the opportunity to heal their body from many disorders and irregularities. The postures are taught in stages and the class is meant for mix level students who have the chance to do the postures to their best abilities. All of our classes are free and open to students, faculty, staff, and the community. For more information about the Meditation Room and a map to campus, visit our webpage here.
Workshops for Quilters
We offer monthly workshops with visiting experts in various aspects of quilting. Each 6 hour workshop is $30. Non members are welcome. Church of the Nazarene, 1307 E. Citrus Ave., Redlands, CA. See our website for more information and contact form. The last Thursday each month except Nov. and Dec. 9 am to 3 pm.
- The Third Monday Book Club: 11 am. Assembly Room of Smiley Library. February 20: The Tolling of Mercedes Bell: A Novel by Jennifer Dwight. March 20: Homegoing: A Novel by Yaa Gyasi. Contact Jane Lawrence-Gunn (909) 798-2689 or Carl Martz (909) 793-7704 for further information.
- The Eclectic Readers: 1st Tuesday Evenings at 7:30 pm. Location varies. Contact Rhada Shah at (909) 528-2055 for further information.
- Third Wednesday Book Club: 2:30 pm in the Assembly Room of Smiley Library, February 15: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. March 15: Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang. April 19: The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad May 17: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein. June 21: H is for Hawk by Helen MacDonald July 19: Truman Capote by George Plimpton. Contact David Bragg (909) 784-0770 or email@example.com for further information.
Redlands Art Association
Feb - April 2020
- Beginning Drawing w/Marcia Taack #1 Learn to draw using time proven basic techniques. All art is better when you know how to draw. Wednesdays: Feb 5, 12, 26 March 4 6:30pm – 9:00pm. Fee: $100 / RAA Members Fee: $80
- Advanced Oils with Martha Cowan #2 Learn advanced and skill building techniques, color mixing. Includes weekly demonstration and sharing of information on tools and supplies. 12hrs. Wednesdays: Feb, 12, March 4, 11 9:30 am – 1:00 pm. Fee: $105 / RAA Members Fee: $84
- Mixed Media w/E. Rydall. Learn a variety of different techniques and methods of application to build wonderful mixed media art pieces. Supply Fee TBA. Fridays: Feb 21, 28 March 6, 20, 27 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. Fee: $100 / RAA Members Fee: $80
- Clay Odyssey w/ Nancy and Penny #2 Learn hand building with clay and make creative useful items. Possibilities are endless! Fun never stops! New techniques will constantly challenge you. Bring a friend and have twice the fun. $30 supply fee due at first class. 15hrs Mondays: Feb 24 March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm. Fee: $150 / RAA Members Fee: $120
- Watercolors with Holly Warner #2. Holly has lots of instructional information and new techniques to share with you, along with demonstrations. 10hrs. Thursdays: Feb 27 March 5, 12, 19, 26 7pm – 9 pm. Fee: $100 / RAA Members Fee: $80
- Beginning Watercolors with Michelle Myers #2. Our expert instructor will teach you all about watercolors and application techniques. Fridays: Feb 28 March 6, 20, 27 10:00am - 12:30pm. Fee: $100 / RAA Members Fee: $80
- Fused Glass Jewelry w/David Lines #2. In this class we will harness the power of kiln-forming to create stunningly beautiful jewelry from fusible glass. Color theory will be considered along with combining opaque and clear glasses. We will learn the difference between full fuse, contour fuse, and tac fuse for best results with each piece. There will be time to make more than one item - we will look to the holiday season for some of our ideas. The final class will involve finishing your pieces with jewelry findings and wire-wrapping. $35 supply fee due to instructor at start of class 10hrs Sundays: Mar 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 1:00 pm – 3:00pm. Fee: $ 100 / RAA Members Fee: $80
- Pastels with Natalie Richards #2. Learn the wonderful medium of pastels, fun, easy and wonderful instruction from our expert instructor. 10hrs Wednesdays: March 11, 18, 25, April 1 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm. Fee: $100 / RAA Members Fee: $80.
- Smart Phone Photograph w/Bruce Herwig #1. With your smart phone you will learn how to compose beautiful photos. Bruce will then teach you how to edit your photos to get your very best results! Bring your smart phone and have the ability to purchase inexpensive apps. Wednesdays: April 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 6:30pm – 8:30pm. Fee $100 / RAA Members Fee: $80
- Beginning Oils with Vici Haag #1. Learn all the basics of oil painting with instructional tips and basic guidelines. 10hrs.Fridays: TBA 6:30pm - 8:30pm.Fee: $100 / RAA Members Fee: $80.
SATURDAY/SUNDAY ONE-DAY WORKSHOPS
- Wire Wrapping Jewelry w/Rod Buell Learn to wire wrap a stone pendant. All supplies provided. $20 supply fee to the instructor at start of class. Saturday: Feb 1 st 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Fee: $55 / RAA Members Fee: $45
- Paint it and Take it! “White Roses from the House Garden” Joaquin Sorolla w/Martha Cowan Complete a painting in acrylic in 3 hours with expert instruction, you actually learn! We do paintings of the masters or a Martha Cowan original. All supplies provided, $5 supply fee due to Martha at the start of class. Saturday: Mar 7th 10am – 1pm. Fee: $55 / RAA Members Fee: $45.
- Focus Group #1 “Design.” Extra focus and in depth instruction on one specific topic. demonstrations (in oils) and exercises to advance your painting skills. Different monthly topic. Martha Cowan instructor. Tuesday: Mar 17th 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Fee: $55 / RAA Members Fee: $45
- Parent & Child Stone Carving Workshop w/Penny and Nancy. This is an opportunity for parents and children take a joint class and work together while learning how to carve a beautiful soap stone into a bear. Learn how to file, shape, sand & polish soap stone. You will amazed at what you can create! Material fee $8 per student. Saturday March 21 st 10:00am- 1:00pm. Fee: $55 / RAA Member Fee: $45 Children Fee: $45
- Acrylic Workshop w/Joe A. Oaks. Learn to paint with acrylics in a bold style with vibrant colors! Bring your supplies or use Joe’s for $10 supply fee Saturday March 28 th 10:00am-2:00pm. Fee: $75 / RAA Members Fee: $60
Coming soon 2020
- June 10, 17, 24, July 1, 8…….#2 Smart Photography Class w/Bruce Herwig CLASS ONLY TWICE YEARLY!
- April 4 th Paint it & Take it!
- May 16 th Paint it & Take it!
- June 27 Paint it & Take it!
Register early by calling (909) 792 8435 or in person at Redlands Art Association, 215 E. State Street, Redlands, CA 92373
CLASS REGISTRATION - 72 hour notice to RAA is necessary to receive a refund or transfer to a different class. There will not be a
registration confirmation. Students will be notified if the class is cancelled.
Class fees will not be prorated/refunded for missed classes. Please contact the gallery if you are unable to attend a class.
For more information on these classes or to register, contact Redlands Art Association,
or check our website
Promote Your Event on AboutRedlands.com
Visit our free event listing page to register your event on AboutRedlands.com.