Classes, Workshops & Special Programs - Adult, Senior & Child
The Energy Lab
- Wake Up and LIFT!: Welcome to Wake Up and Lift - The Energy Lab's Strength Training Workshop sessions for the Month of June, starting Monday, June 4. We work with dumbbells, kettle bells, free weights and use the MyZone Heart Rate Training system to increase your metabolism to burn fat faster, increase your strength and boost your performance. Mondays from 5-5:45AM and 5:45-6:45AM Wednesdays 5-5:45AM and 5:45-6:45AM $100 for 8 sessions - 2/week Space is limited to 8 people for each time slot - Sign up now to reserve your space!! Sign up
- Lean Green Machine Challenge: Get ready for Summer at The Energy Lab with our Lean Green Machine Challenge! What better way to kick off your Summer?? You get: • Body Composition Analysis at the beginning and end of June to track your progress • Meal Planning for the month of June • Unlimited Classes for June • Accountability • A fun, safe, incredible and supportive community of people working with you to achieve your goals • The Best Fitness Studio in the Inland Empire! We have teamed up with the Best of the Best for our Lean Green Machine Challenge..... SECA Body Composition Analyzer will give you a complete breakdown of your body composition from the beginning to the end of our challenge to track your progress. MyZONE stepping in to help monitor that we are hitting those fat burning zones. And Meal Plans powered by Evolution Nutrition to help us to maintain the calories needed for those busy schedules. All this for only $160! Sign up
- Body Composition Analysis: The Energy Lab is excited to be offering Body Composition Analysis in Downtown Redlands! If you are looking to learn more about your body than just by looking at a scale, a Body Composition Analysis will tell you detailed information about YOU! How much fat-free mass you have, how much body fat you have, how healthy your cells are, how your skeletal muscles are distributed through your body....just for starters. Contact The Energy Lab to find out how to set up an Analysis and learn how your body is made up! more info
Smartphone Photography Class - "Beyond the Selfie"
- Ready to take your smartphone images to the next level? This class will be a combination of instruction, photo walks, hands-on editing and group critique. You will learn to incorporate the basics of composition, color, and style into your photography. Redlands Art Association - 215 E. State St. Redlands, CA 92373. Sign up. Wednesday June 13, 20, 27 & July 11, 18 6:30-8:30 pm
- Grief & Loss Group: Forming Now: Start Date: July 1, 2018. Please join us on Sunday afternoons 4:00-5:30PM, every other week beginning July 1 for both foundation and interventions that offer a container and opportunity to “move through” grief and loss. We will explore tools for recovery and release including Guided Imagery, Meditation, Improvisation and much more. Education about alternative methods for personal healing and restoration will be offered such as using Essential Oils and movement, as well as tradition verbal support and processing. Space is limited, please preregister. $20, no one turned away. More info
- Y12SR Based Yoga (Yoga for 12-Step Recovery) & Music Therapy Weekly Group WED AM 8-930. Relapse prevention requires constant attention, your disease doesn’t take a day off and neither can you. Meetings and sponsors and step-work, oh my! Infuse your program with something new and different that will keep you asking the right questions of your body, mind and spirit. 90 minute yoga and music experience offered by Yochai Weiss, certified in the Y-12SR protocol (Yoga for 12-Step Recovery) followed by Guided Imagery, Drumming, Song Analysis, and more (interventions will vary weekly) verbal processing led by CA State Certified Drug/Alcohol Counselor and Board Certified Music Therapist AmyLynn Dimaano. Wednesdays: 8-930AM. $25 per group, no one turned away for lack of funds. Starts July 4! Learn more about Yochai and Zen Hard Yoga here. Learn more about AmyLynn
- Wellness w/ Essential Oils doTerra & Music Therapy Workshop: Psssst: Wanna know a secret? Desired change on the OUTSIDE begins on the INSIDE. Give yourself the gift of this two hour workshop learning about natural products from the doTerra line that can enhance weight release and support sane, healthy transformation. Then work with meditation, singing bowls and some drumming to tune in to your natural rhythms and deeper needs. You’ll leave more connected to yourself and in the know, and, we’ll have a blast! Offered by Board Certified Music Therapist AmyLynn Dimaano and doTerra Wellness Advocate Natalie Cox. Saturday, July 14: 11AM-1PM. Where: H.O.P.E. Studio. 414 Tennessee St, Unit Y, Redlands. How much: $25 per person or bring a friend too for $40.
- Chakra Exploration: Body/Mind/Spirit! Yoga & Music Therapy Workshop: We’ll begin with meditation and live singing bowls, then Yoga for all levels with poses focusing on movement through each of the seven chakras in your body, followed by interactive chakra specific tone-matching music and drumming experience. Option to share your experience with the group. Next Workshop: August 25, 2018 1-3 PM. H.O.P.E. Guided Imagery and Music Therapy Studio Space. 414 Tennessee St. Unit Y, Redlands. What to bring: Yoga mat, water, open mind. $40
- Private Group Sound Bath Experience: Book your own 60 minute personal vibrational healing experience with your friends and loved ones. Recharge, renew and reduce stress with a private group Sound Bath. Includes breathing instruction, live crystal and traditional singing bowls and other frequency based instrument playing to realign your energy or simply relax. Option to add Guided Imagery with a topic customized for your group (examples: letting go, pure relaxation, connecting to one another) and group discussion. Life enriching! $50 per person with a minimum of 3, maximum of 8 participants. Contact AmyLynn directly for availability or special requests 323-394 0860. REIKI services can be added to any Sound Bath session. Individuals can receive restorative energy healing during the music experience. Amazing opportunity to renew & re-balance. Fee varies depending on number of participants.
American Acrobats Performing Arts & Fitness
- Intro to Circus Skills; Aerial Ribbon/ Hammock - Fabric-based aerial ballet; Stretching / Contortion; Acro Pyramids; Fabric Fitness; Open Workouts
- Class Schedule
Paint & Create Parties
For adults and children. To register for a class email firstname.lastname@example.org (payment must be made in 24 hrs. to hold reservation) or either come into the store or phone 909-798-5363 and have your credit card ready. Upcoming classes
Inner Evolution Yoga
- CANDLELIGHT YOGA- WEDNESDAYS: 8:30-9:30pm Release tension and rejuvenate with this restorative yoga class. This class will nurture your mind, body, and soul by helping alleviate stress and promote conscious relaxation. Open to all levels, from advanced to beginner, who are looking for a soothing and therapeutic late night yoga class that will help you slow down.
You will have an amazing night of sleep after this!!! Click here for directions & class schedule
Redlands Aikikai is a martial & meditative arts studio that offers instruction in Aikido, Kendo, Tai Chi, Yoga and Kids Art. Our primary goal is to provide an environment where our practitioners develop high levels of skill, compassion, character and health and to maintain these throughout their lives. 951-743-5942 website
- First class free for Aikido! Mondays at 6:30 to 7:30, Tuesdays 7:10 to 8:10 & Thursdays 7:10 to 8:10, try a class for free. Just wear loose comfortable workout clothing, and come on down!
- 12 Week Tai Chi Session starts Tuesday, April 3. Signup anytime to reserve your spot!! Fundamental tai chi, every Tuesday from 6:00pm to 7:00pm; Applications Tai Chi every Tuesday from 7:00 to 8:00pm.
Spiritual & Meditation
Bickford Covington Building 511 Brookside ave in the Meditation Room. LIVING-CONSCIOUSNESS CIRCLES & MEDITATION.
- June Classes - Living-Consciousness events are offered monthly. Register now and choose to attend Wednesday or Thursday evenings.
2018 Photography Classes and Photo Excursion Schedule
Our New Schedule for our 2018 Photo Classes and Photo Excursions is now available. Below is just a listing of all of our classes and Photo Excursion. If you would like a detailed schedule. Please e-mail your address and we will send it to you. email@example.com. Website
- PHOTO WALK
- PHOTO CHALLENGE GROUP
- PHOTO ADVENTURE PASS
- BASIC CAMERA 1
- BASIC CAMERA 2
- BASIC COMPUTER 1
- BASIC COMPUTER 2
- PHOTO BOOT CAMP
- ADOBE LIGHTROOM BASICS
- PHOTOSHOP BASICS
- PHOTOSHOP BASICS II
- FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY
- RENT A PRO
- CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY: ADVANCED PHOTOGRAPHY –
- CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY: STORY TELLING
- CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY: ADVANCED FLASH
- CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY: STILL LIFE PHOTOGRAPHY
- CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY: LIGHTING CLASS
- CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY: ADVANCED FLASH CLASS/ TABLETOP
- CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY: THE SHOOT
HALF OR FULL DAY TRIPS AND CLASSES:
- SPEND A DAY TRAVELING ON OLD ROUTE 66
- A DAY IN THE BIG CITY
- BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON – NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY AT BORREGO SPRINGS
- DAY TRIP TO SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO
- PALM SPRINGS WINDMILLS
- HARPER DRY LAKE BED
- NEW MOON PHOTOGRAPHY BORREGO SPRINGS
- NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY IN DOWNTOWN REDLANDS
- NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY AT LONG BEACH HARBOR
- NEW MOON PHOTOGRAPHY BORREGO SPRINGS
- LA ART DISTRICT
- SAN JACINTO WILDLIFE AREA
- NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY AT BALBOA PARK
- NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY IN THE BIG CITY
- PHOTO EXCURSION BIG SUR, CA
- PHOTO EXCURSION POINT REYES/TOMALES BAY, CA
- PHOTO EXCURSION ALABAMA HILLS & BRISTLECONE PINES
- PHOTO EXCURSION EASTERN SIERRAS
Ultimate Kickboxing & Fitness
New Monday 5:30pm Cardio Kickboxing Class at Ultimate Kickboxing & Fitness. UKB would like to announce that there will be a new instructor and new class for AKB Mondays at 5:30pm. Corinne will be ready to shake off your Monday Blues with a high-impact sweat session! The initiation begins on Monday, June 18th! See you there! Website
Workshops for Quilters
We offer monthly workshops with visiting experts in various aspects of quilting. Each 6 hour workshop is $30. Non members are welcome. Church of the Nazarene, 1307 E. Citrus Ave., Redlands, CA. See our website for more information and contact form. The last Thursday each month except Nov. and Dec. 9 am to 3 pm.
- The Third Monday Book Club: 11 am. Assembly Room of Smiley Library. February 20: The Tolling of Mercedes Bell: A Novel by Jennifer Dwight. March 20: Homegoing: A Novel by Yaa Gyasi. Contact Jane Lawrence-Gunn (909) 798-2689 or Carl Martz (909) 793-7704 for further information.
- The Eclectic Readers: 1st Tuesday Evenings at 7:30 pm. Location varies. Contact Rhada Shah at (909) 528-2055 for further information.
- Third Wednesday Book Club: 2:30 pm in the Assembly Room of Smiley Library, February 15: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. March 15: Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang. April 19: The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad May 17: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein. June 21: H is for Hawk by Helen MacDonald July 19: Truman Capote by George Plimpton. Contact David Bragg (909) 784-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Living with Arthritis: Do you experience swelling or pain around your joints? Are you looking for treatments to help with your ailments? Join the YMCA for an informative, free class on Living with Arthritis, presented by Redlands Community Hospital. Learn from an expert on how to identify Arthritis, how it can be controlled, and how you can improve and maintain your mobility with treatment and exercise.This is a free class open to the community! Register
- Free Cardio Dance Class. Tuesdays 6:30-7:30pm - Come join us on Tuesdays at 6:30pm for an upbeat and uplifting cardio dance class! This easy to follow aerobic fitness class is the most fun way to stay fit! Located at Bethany Reformed Church. For more information visit BAM Bethany Arts Ministry on Facebook. 705 CajoInternational dancers bring free classes, and performances to center. To register or for more information, please call the Joslyn Senior Center at (909) 798-7550.
Dog obedience classes
Registration is currently being accepted for dog obedience classes at the Redlands Community Center, 111 W. Lugonia Ave. Classes begin at 7 p.m. Monday, July 9, and continue for nine weeks. Instructor Bryan Woodward has more than 35 years of dog training experience. Classes will be held on the tennis courts at the corner of Lugonia Avenue and Clay Street. Participants must bring their dogs to the first class. Your furry friends will learn how to sit, heel, lie down, stay and sit, and stand for examination. Classes may be adjusted for weather. Registration is $97 for the nine-week course. All dogs must be at least six months old on the first day of class and must possess a current, valid dog license with rabies certificate. For more information please call the Redlands Community Center at (909) 798-7572, visit at 111 W. Lugonia Ave. or e-mail Recreation Division staff at RecreationStaff@CityofRedlands.org.
Kids Classes & Camps
American Acrobats Performing Arts & Fitness
- After school activities and holiday camps. Classes, Circus Camp, Parties. American Acrobats Performing Arts & Fitness is a premier studio/gym that offers beginning to elite level performance training as well as fun and exciting alternative fitness classes. The fitness industry is experiencing a huge increase in alternative fitness studios. Participants no longer want to just work out. They want to experience personal achievements, learn something completely new in a fun and positive environment and to be apart of a healthy social atmosphere with like minded people. Fabric Fitness Aerial Ribbon & Aerial Hammock, Circus Camp, Acrobats
Redlands Gymnastics Club
- Come and Play Dates are great for some parent/child time in a safe and fun environment in which you can interact with your child(ren). The cost is just $10 per parent and kids are free. Stay for a little or stay for all 3 hours! Your little gymnasts can practice and show off their gymnastics skills that they have learned in class. No pre-registration or membership is required! Non-members are welcome to come see, play and explore. WAIVERS must be signed by the PARENT and for NON-MEMBER CHILD to participate. Older children who are on a school break are encouraged to have something to occupy them while in the Waiting Area as older children will not be able to go out on the gym floor or participate during this event. Also, parents will not be able to play on the equipment, but you will still have a great time playing with your child(ren). Come and Play Dates is designed for parents and kids (ages 1-5) to just drop-in for open play between 9am-12pm on Mondays and 11:30am-2:30pm on Fridays. 1915 West Redlands Blvd, Suite 103 Redlands. Website
Try a kids class for free!
- NEW! Kids Yoga Classes will be starting March 7! Every Wednesday: 3:30-4:15pm for ages 3-6; 4:30-5:30pm for ages 6-9; 5:40-6:40pm for ages 9-12. Signup now to reserve a spot for your child!!
- First Kids Aikido class Free!! Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6:00 to 7:00 pm, and Fridays at 5:00 to 6:00pm. For ages 6 through 13, wear loose comfortable clothing & try a class!!
- Parents must email email@example.com , call/text (951) 743-5942 for appt. Website
HCR Horse Back riding lessons
- Riding lessons for Beginners - advance riding in all styles of riding. 909-206-9526 Shelley Mulica. Website
Vasa the Studio
- Monday's 4pm. Yoga for kids while the parents practice next door! Ages 4-12(ish). They will learn basic yoga poses and philosophies, have fun, make friends, and get exercise! Website
Learn to Swim with Redlands Swim Team
- Redlands Swim Team's spring registration is now open for Learn to Swim and pre-competitive swimming.
Redlands Art Association
Sign Language Class
- The Redlands YMCA will be hosting a Parent-Child Class: Sign With Sandy, a four-week sign language class for 3-5-year-olds and their parents. Each week, parents and their children will learn together as our instructor takes shows them communicative signs, ranging from food to family signs. Through sign, toddlers and young children can better communicate their needs and stories to their parents. This is a fun, interactive class that will introduce families to the world of sign language and how they can use sign language to bond together as a family. 909.798.9622
Promote Your Event on AboutRedlands.com
Visit our free event listing page to register your event on AboutRedlands.com.