Helping Communities & Local Businesses Thrive
About Redlands represents more than 2,000 locally owned businesses.
Our goal is to help small business owners find ideas, answers, encouragement and inspiration while building strong partnerships within the community. We believe that locally-owned, independent businesses are the backbone of our local economy and the foundation of Redlands unique culture.
We have a unique and strong network reaching thousands weekly and showcase each business within that network. About Redlands has the largest audience in town. The audience is the currency. It's the ball About Redlands' eyes have been on for decades.
How do we do that? By posting information on About Redlands Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, G+ and Twitter pages. As well as, posting AboutRedlands.com link 25+ times daily drawing consumers to the website.
We reach those that do not know your business. With SO many businesses offering the same products and services you have to find ways to get consumers to REMEMBER you! That's what we do!
- 5,000+ visit AboutRedlands.com from a Google Search weekly.
- 70,000 Social Media FOLLOWERS
- 25 pages on AboutRedlands.com are on the 1st page of Google
- According to Google, AboutRedlands.com is more relevant to local events than Trip Advisor or similar sites.
- 40% of the website's traffic comes from outside of Redlands as consumers are looking to buy and experience in Redlands.
- About Redlands Facebook Bot answers and refers 24/7.
How to Utilize AboutRedlands.com to its' FULLEST
Monthly Update Reminder - A monthly reminder is emailed the 10th of each month requesting events, sales and new information so we may post them to AboutRedlands.com, Facebook, Twitter, and the monthly email e-Newsletter. Click Here to Receive the Monthly Update Reminder
Submit an Event or Sale - Please click here to submit an event or sale you'd like us to post to the official community events calendar for the City of Redlands. We will spell check so no worries. Submissions are posted within 72 hours. This Event/Sales page is promoted to 70,000 within our Social Media network daily. 48% of consumers are not on social media and find this calendar via a Google search.
Submit posts - There are three ways to submit posts: (1) Send message to About Redlands on Facebook or Instagram, (2) Respond to the update reminder, and (3) email customerservice@AboutRedlands.com. All posts are due by the 25th of each month for the upcoming month. Last minute posts are only available to GOLD and PLATINUM members. All others are subject to availability.
Log in your dashboard HERE to update your card and make changes to your membership.
When you send us a post for Social Media we...
Post it on Facebook and/or Instagram (Instagram includes Twitter). We post to the platform that BEST fits your business. You may also request a platform.
- 30,300 About Redlands Facebook
- 4,000 About Redlands Kids Facebook
- 4,000 Twitter
- 16,000 Instagram
- Add it to the monthly e-Newsletter if it's included in your membership. 6,789 subscribers.
- About Redlands Kids Group that members of all levels are welcome to join and network. 600 members 12.6.18
- Subscribe to About Redlands YouTube Channel - see your business peer's videos and Redlands related videos. Subscribe and then click the bell icon so an email will be sent to you each time a video is posted.
NOTE: Not all businesses want social media postings and only wish to be included in the local business directory, receive referrals, etc. If a business does not send us posts we assume they are not interested in social media exposure.
Do you know what Social Media Marketing costs locally?
Social media marketing is quite an investment. It's one of the driving forces in the development of the membership based model the About Redlands Network has in place. Our plans range from $4 - $300/month.
Video Tours of About Redlands
You may log in here and upgrade and downgrade 24/7/365. NO contracts. The system automatically prorates. Also, we do not store cards on the site for your protection.
Orange & Bronze plans assist us in maintaining the community calendar, local business directory, advertising support provided to local non-profit organizations; and the SHOP, DINE & STAY LOCAL REDLANDS CAMPAIGN.
NOTE: Check your notifications to track your postings. If you are unable to locate your posts via notifications and have exhausted all other searches (visit each of About Redlands social media pages and scrolling through the page) we can help you. If it has been longer than a month there is a $25 fee to send screen shots of your posts.
GOLD & PLATINUM MEMBERS
Add About Redlands as a co-host to your Facebook events and 30,000 extra eyeballs will be added to that event and appear in their notifications.
Tip of the day: About Redlands will comment on that event several days before the event and it'll end up at the top of 30,000 followers notifications.
Our audience is comprised of business owners, educated community members and professionals.
Approximately 50% of our subscribers have a house hold income greater than $100,000.
Sixty-six percent of all AboutRedlands.com readers are 45 years old or younger with 25% falling between the ages of 26-35.
Eighty-two percent have a Bachelor’s degree and 54% have a post-graduate education. Sixty percent are professional or managerial and 23% are executives, presidents or business owners.
- Male 40%
- Female 60%
- 18-35 36%
- 36-45 15%
- 46-55 23%
- 55+ 11%
Source: RPR Statistical Analysis, 2018 RPR is staffed with professionals that hold graduate degrees in the areas of: Business Management, Graphic Design, English, Photography, Fundraising, applied Psychology with expertise in community-based research.
We Go FAR Beyond Promotions
- Our goal is to keep your business TOP OF MIND -- putting your business name in front of people so they do not forget. It is not to directly sell to them. It's more, "This is who I am. This is what I stand for. Do you like me? Will you refer me to your friends? Will you buy from me later?"
- Create collaborations between businesses as we own a proprietary business email database. We do not release this database but will send inquiries on behalf of the business to this database.
- Send employees to businesses by posting available positions. Resumes sent to About Redlands reviewed and then forwarded to the business.
- We answer ALL comments on the businesses behalf when we post within our Social Media Network representing the business. We send websites, menus, brochures, event dates, business contact, etc... Sample HERE
- We drive Consumer Reviews to business profile pages. We mitigate poor reviews by sending them to the business owner. We are able to turn around 99% of negative experiences.
- We provide inkind promotional support for City events, Service Club events and Non-profit fundraisers which attract consumers to Redlands. List of those we provide inkind support for HERE
- Created pages that are promoted daily like 50 Things to Do in Redlands and Blogs