Helping Communities & Local Businesses Thrive
About Redlands represents more than 2,000 locally owned businesses and is followed by 70,000 on social media. We believe that locally-owned, independent businesses are the backbone of our local economy and the foundation of Redlands unique culture.
Redlands Visitor Center -- NEW Perk for Members
Bronze, Gold and Platinum members receive center perks. See your plan here.
5,000 visitors have ventured through the center door since it opened and 12 families have completed the new resident tour and received their welcome gift from local businesses.
- Read about the Visitor Center here
Do you know what Social Media Marketing costs locally?
Social media marketing is quite an investment. It's one of the driving forces in the development of the membership based model the About Redlands Network has in place. Our plans range from $7 - $300/month.
How to Utilize AboutRedlands.com to its' FULLEST
Submit an Event/Sale/Open House/Grand Opening, etc - Please click here to submit an event or sale you'd like us to post to the official community events calendar for the City of Redlands. We will spell check so no worries. Submissions are posted within 72 hours.
Submit posts for Facebook and/or Instagram - There are several ways to submit posts:
(1) Send message to About Redlands on Facebook or Instagram by the 25th for the upcoming month. Last minute posts are reserved for GOLD and PLATINUM members. Our scheduling calendar is 3 weeks out.
(2) Respond to the monthly update reminder.
(3) Email customerservice@AboutRedlands.com
(4) Don't want to send monthly? Want to send them all at one time for the year? GREAT! Send us 12 posts at one time and you're done for the year.
What do you send us to post? - a photo of you, your team, you working, your work, before/after, why your business is better, anything that you want us to share with our social media followers. Include text describing what you have sent us. We will spellcheck and format.
Monthly Update Reminder - A monthly reminder is emailed the 10th of each month requesting your events, sales and new information so we may post them to AboutRedlands.com, Facebook, Twitter, and the monthly email e-Newsletter. Click Here to Receive the Monthly Update Reminder
Login - Login here to update your card, description and contact info. All other things email us at email@example.com and we'll update it for you.
For members only - Join our NEW Members only BUSINESS Network so you can network and receive important need-to-know About Redlands info here. There is an app. Visit the App Store and SEARCH: Mighty Network. It's FREE. Once loaded SEARCH: All About Redlands. You'll receive an email or text notification when important info is posted so you don't miss out.
NOTE: All posts are due by the 25th of each month for the upcoming month. Last minute posts are only available to GOLD (same week) and PLATINUM (same day) members. All others are subject to availability.
How Many Monthly Posts Does My Plan Include?
- ORANGE: 1
- BRONZE: 2
- SILVER (Grandfathered members only): 3
- GOLD: 4 - same week social media postings accepted.
- PLATINUM: 6 - same day social media postings accepted.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all businesses want social media postings and only wish to be included in the local business directory, community calendar, receive referrals, have access to the Redlands Visitor Center and New Resident Program, etc. If a business does not send us posts we assume they are not interested in social media exposure. Missed Posts are not rolled over.
GOLD & PLATINUM MEMBERS
Add About Redlands as a co-host to your Facebook events and 30,000 extra eyeballs will be added to that event and appear in their notifications.
Tip of the day: About Redlands will comment on that event several days before the event and it'll end up at the top of 30,000 followers notifications.
How Long Should It Take For My Marketing To Work?
We get this question often so we have two questions to preface the answer – How long do you plan to be in business? and, How long does it take to build a really high quality home?
See, the problem with this question is it is based in the “marketing idea of the week” syndrome that pervades all too many small businesses. We know you need customers, we know you need more business, but marketing is not an event, it’s a business long practice.
Done properly, it is likely going to take six months to a year for you to see the kind of long term momentum that you want. The kind of momentum that has people talking about you and commenting that they see you everywhere. Marketing is a living and evolving system.
- If you are a business owner the message is think long term, build the system and work the system.
Want to Change Your Plan - Up or Downgrade?
Log in your dashboard HERE to update your card and make changes to your membership. Use your email address you used to sign up.
Upgrade and downgrade 24/7/365. NO contracts. The system automatically prorates. Also, we do not store cards on the site for your protection.
Add Your Business to the Visitor Center
Feature your Business in the Redlands Visitor Center for locals and tourists to browse. The concierges will recommend your business when appropriate.
- About Redlands Member Price: $30/month or $250 annually. Check your plan to see if Visitor Center perks are included here.
- Non-About Redlands Member Price: $50/month or $400 annually
- Non-Profit Price: $40/month or $300 annually
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Video Tours of About Redlands
When you send us a post for Social Media we...
Post it on Facebook and/or Instagram. We post to the platform that BEST fits your business. You may also request a platform.
- 31,000+ About Redlands Facebook
- 5,000+ About Redlands Kids Facebook
- 4,000 Twitter
- 18,000+ Instagram
- Add it to the monthly e-Newsletter if it's included in your membership. 6,000+ subscribers.
- About Redlands Kids Group that members of all levels are welcome to join and network. 600 members 12.6.18
Subscribe to About Redlands YouTube Channel - see your business peer's videos and Redlands related videos. Subscribe and then click the bell icon so an email will be sent to you each time a video is posted.
Most Popular Landing Pages 2018
- 50 Things to Do: 27.5k
- Calendar Page: 21.8k
- Haunted Redlands Article: 23k
- Home Page: 12k
- Downtown Redlands: 9.6k
- Event pages made up 30% of site traffic
- Business pages made up 25% of site traffic
- Articles made up 19% of site traffic
- 60% traffic comes from the greater Redlands, LA and San Diego areas
462,223 visits to AboutRedlands.com in 2018
Our goal is to help small business owners find ideas, answers, encouragement and inspiration while building strong partnerships within the community. We believe that locally-owned, independent businesses are the backbone of our local economy and the foundation of Redlands unique culture.
We have a unique and strong network reaching thousands weekly and showcase each business within that network. About Redlands has the largest audience in town. The audience is the currency. It's the ball About Redlands' eyes have been on for decades.
How do we do that? By posting information on About Redlands Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages. As well as, posting AboutRedlands.com link 25+ times daily drawing consumers to the website. Plus, promoting members in the Redlands Visitor Center.
We reach those that do not know your business. With SO many businesses offering the same products and services you have to find ways to get consumers to REMEMBER you! That's what we do!
- 5,000+ visit AboutRedlands.com from a Google Search weekly.
- 70,000 Social Media FOLLOWERS
- 25 pages on AboutRedlands.com are on the 1st page of Google
- According to Google, AboutRedlands.com is more relevant to local events than Trip Advisor or similar sites.
- 40% of the website's traffic comes from outside of Redlands as consumers are looking to buy and experience in Redlands.
- About Redlands Facebook Bot answers and refers 24/7.
Our audience is comprised of business owners, educated community members and professionals.
Approximately 50% of our subscribers have a house hold income greater than $100,000.
Sixty-six percent of all AboutRedlands.com readers are 45 years old or younger with 25% falling between the ages of 26-35.
Eighty-two percent have a Bachelor’s degree and 54% have a post-graduate education. Sixty percent are professional or managerial and 23% are executives, presidents or business owners.
- Male 40%
- Female 60%
- 18-35 36%
- 36-45 15%
- 46-55 23%
- 55+ 11%
Source: RPR Statistical Analysis, 2018 RPR is staffed with professionals that hold graduate degrees in the areas of: Business Management, Graphic Design, English, Photography, Fundraising, applied Psychology with expertise in community-based research.
We Go FAR Beyond Promotions
- Our goal is to keep your business TOP OF MIND -- putting your business name in front of people so they do not forget. It is not to directly sell to them. It's more, "This is who I am. This is what I stand for. Do you like me? Will you refer me to your friends? Will you buy from me later?"
- Create collaborations between businesses as we own a proprietary business email database. We do not release this database but will send inquiries on behalf of the business to this database.
- Send employees to businesses by posting available positions. Resumes sent to About Redlands and are reviewed and then forwarded to the business. The business name is not disclosed until the resume is accepted.
- We answer ALL comments on the businesses behalf when we post within our Social Media Network representing the business. We send websites, menus, brochures, event dates, business contact, etc... Sample HERE
- We drive Consumer Reviews to business profile pages. We mitigate poor reviews by sending them to the business owner. We are able to turn around 99% of negative experiences.
- We provide inkind promotional support for City events, Service Club events and Non-profit fundraisers which attract consumers to Redlands. List of those we provide inkind support for HERE
- Created pages that are promoted daily like 50 Things to Do in Redlands and Blogs
- Promote business members at the Redlands Visitor Center.
- Deborah O'Hara: CEO
- David O'Hara: Finance
- Ryan Lonac: Digital Development
- Nikole Wittman: Secretary & Social Media
- Ross Wittman: Community Outreach
- Jordan O'Hara: Website User Testing
- Bob Huckabee: Strategic Marketing