Helping Communities & Local Businesses Thrive
About Redlands represents more than 2,000 locally owned businesses and is followed by 60,000 on social media. We believe that locally-owned, independent businesses are the backbone of our local economy and the foundation of Redlands unique culture.
First, we ask you to...
Take off your business hat and put on your consumer hat. One thing we learned years ago is that business owners do not use AboutRedlands.com like consumers. We track analytics daily so KNOW this to be a fact. Simply put, who cares if you don’t use About Redlands. Your customers do.
What do we do?
Simple, each month we put your business in front of people who don't know you. It is not to directly sell to them. It's more, "This is who I am. This is what I stand for. Do you like me? Will you refer me to your friends? Will you buy from me later?"
In this day and age CONSISTENCY is king. As a small business if your name is not in front of consumers consistently you can't survive.
About Redlands network is the largest local social network which has value because of the hundreds of members & 60,000 social media followers.
How do we do what we do?
- List your business on Redlands ONLY local business directory on AboutRedlands.com used by 400,000 annually.
- Post your business to the About Redlands Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Drive traffic back to the website via the monthly “What’s Happening in Redlands this Month” e-Newsletter with 3,000+ subscribers.
- Connecting business-to-business via a private networking platform.
- Recruit staff, event & promotion development.
- Visitor Center referrals (6K to date) to visitors, residents and new residents.
- Publish weekly blog articles driving tourism.
Samples of Plans
- Orange - Hangar 24 Craft Brewery, LLC & Tasting Room
- Bronze - Caprice Cafe
- Gold - Martha Green's The Eating Room
- Platinum - Clark's Nutrition & Natural Foods Market
- What other business owners think About Redlands
- Redlands Visitor Center -- NEW Perk for Members
Bronze, Gold and Platinum members receive center perks. See your plan here.
An average of 1,200 visitors venture through the center door every month and 12 -18 families complete the new resident tour and receive a welcome gift from local businesses.
Read about the Visitor Center here
- Do you know what Social Media Marketing costs locally?
Social media marketing is quite an investment. It's one of the driving forces in the development of the membership based model the About Redlands Network has in place. Our plans range from $7 - $300/month.
How to Utilize AboutRedlands.com to its' FULLEST
Submit an Event/Sale/Open House/Grand Opening, etc - Please click here** to submit an event or sale you'd like us to post to the official community events calendar for the City of Redlands. We will spell check so no worries. Submissions are posted within 72 hours.
Submit posts for Facebook and/or Instagram** - There are several ways to submit posts:
(1) Send message to About Redlands on Facebook or Instagram by the 25th for the upcoming month. Last minute posts are reserved for GOLD and PLATINUM members. Our scheduling calendar is 3 weeks out.
(2) Respond to the monthly update reminder.
(3) Email customerservice@AboutRedlands.com
(4) Don't want to send monthly? Want to send them all at one time for the year? GREAT! Send us 12 posts at one time and you're done for the year.
What do you send us to post? - a photo of you, your team, you working, your work, before/after, why your business is better, anything that you want us to share with our social media followers. Include text describing what you have sent us. We will spellcheck and format.
Monthly Update Reminder - A monthly reminder is emailed the 10th of each month requesting your events, sales and new information so we may post them to AboutRedlands.com, Facebook, Twitter, and the monthly email e-Newsletter. Click Here to Receive the Monthly Update Reminder
Login - Login here to update your card, description and contact info. All other things email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll update it for you.
For Members Only - Network so you can network and receive important need-to-know About Redlands info here. There is an app. Visit the App Store and SEARCH: Mighty Network. It's FREE. Once loaded SEARCH: All About Redlands. You'll receive an email or text notification when important info is posted so you don't miss out.
NOTE: All posts are due by the 25th of each month for the upcoming month. Last minute posts are only available to GOLD (same week) and PLATINUM (same day) members. All others are subject to availability.
How Many Monthly Posts Does My Plan Include?
- ORANGE: 1 - 3 image limit.
- BRONZE: 2
- SILVER (Grandfathered members only): 3
- GOLD: 4 - same week social media postings accepted.
- PLATINUM: 6 - same day social media postings accepted.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all businesses want social media postings and only wish to be included in the local business directory, community calendar, receive referrals, have access to the Redlands Visitor Center and New Resident Program, etc. If a business does not send us posts we assume they are not interested in social media exposure. Missed Posts are not rolled over.
GOLD & PLATINUM MEMBERS
Add About Redlands as a co-host to your Facebook events and 30,000 extra eyeballs will be added to that event and appear in their notifications.
Tip of the day: About Redlands will comment on that event several days before the event and it'll end up at the top of 30,000 followers notifications.
How Long Should It Take For My Marketing To Work?
We get this question often so we have two questions to preface the answer – How long do you plan to be in business? and, How long does it take to build a really high-quality home?
See, the problem with this question is it is based in the “marketing idea of the week” syndrome that pervades all too many small businesses. We know you need customers, we know you need more business, but marketing is not an event, it’s a business long practice.
Done properly, it is likely going to take six months to a year for you to see the kind of long term momentum that you want. The kind of momentum that has people talking about you and commenting that they see you everywhere. Marketing is a living and evolving system.
If you are a business owner the message is think long term, build the system and work the system.
Want to Change Your Plan - Up or Downgrade?
Log in your dashboard HERE to update your card and make changes to your membership. Use your email address you used to sign up.
Upgrade and downgrade 24/7/365. NO contracts. The system automatically prorates. Also, we do not store cards on the site for your protection.
Want to convert to a free listing? Email: email@example.com
Add Your Business to the Visitor Center
Feature your Business in the Redlands Visitor Center for locals and tourists to browse. The concierges will recommend your business when appropriate.
About Redlands Member Price: $30/month or $250 annually. Check your plan to see if Visitor Center perks are included here.
Non-About Redlands Member Price: $50/month or $400 annually
Non-Profit Price: $40/month or $300 annually
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Video Tours of About Redlands
Note from About Redlands
"Our goal is to help small business owners find ideas, answers, encouragement and inspiration while building strong partnerships within the community. We believe that locally-owned, independent business is the source of economic growth. Job creation happens through small business and people don't fully understand that or appreciate it in a world where economic growth is so important and job growth is so important.
About Redlands gives a voice to small business who otherwise don't have one. Before social media and the Internet, if a business wanted to publish something to the world, unless they could get a local TV crew to interview them or they wrote an op-ed (opposite the editorial page) or took out an ad, they had no voice.
Big businesses have always had a lot more voice. They can afford advertising, they can afford marketing. But for small businesses, being able to quickly and cheaply connect to customers is a big deal. Thirty-five percent of small businesses don't have a website. That's because they are expensive and hard to do and not obvious. Small businesses are typically run by one person, the owner, who has fewer resources, no time. About Redlands came up with an easy and fast solution that gives the business a webpage not just on desktop but, more important, on mobile.
We are all about small business. What we've learned from big business and big Wall Street is that unchecked greed and the creation of false value gets us all in trouble. If we look at the American economy, who's really creating value? It's the small businesses."
Deborah O'Hara, owner, About Redlands
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. - African Proverb
When you send us a post for Social Media we...
Post it on Facebook and/or Instagram. We post to the platform that BEST fits your business. You may also request a platform.
- About Redlands Kids Group that members of all levels are welcome to join and network.
- Subscribe to About Redlands YouTube Channel - see your business peer's videos and Redlands related videos. Subscribe and then click the bell icon so an email will be sent to you each time a video is posted.