Local Mama Resource Guide
Mama-ing is tough enough! Let us help you with some local resources.
Kissui has you covered anywhere from...
- Buying someone else a gift: They carry books, art supplies, the cutest stuffed animals, umbrellas, suitcases, nursery decor like clocks, swaddles, wraps + other kinds of carriers, not to mention clothing for newborns up to size 7.
- Setting up your own baby registry: The registry is setup online and in-store. Your loved ones can find your items however they prefer!
- Breastfeeding ointments & lactation support: New moms, invest in the nipple ointment. You will regret it if you don't.
- They even offer classes! Baby wearing, cloth diapers, breastfeeding, etc.
Ixchel Triangle offers handmade diaper bags, woven ring slings (sold only in-store, not online), and even authentic Mayan children shoes (also only in-store). Everything is designed in CA and and made by artisans in Guatemala. 25% of all profits go back to the artisan and their family.
- The hand-woven ring slings allows for breastfeeding and wearing your child into their toddler years.
Seed is a modern baby boutique on State Street. They offer baby registries, and even carry Ixchel Triangle diaper bags. A really unique feature of Seed is that the back portion of the shop is all great quality consignment clothing.
- Note: Seed's consignment portion is not available during the COVID-19 pandemic due to liability.
Community Carriage House
Community Carriage House helps moms find and build community through the shared interest of breastfeeding, birth and the joys of motherhood. They offer breastfeeding support groups, lactation consultations, and do mini photoshoots throughout the year to raise money for the Carriage House.
- Follow them on Facebook
- Follow them on Instagram
- Email them for more info firstname.lastname@example.org
Unique Ultrasound offers 3D/4D imaging. This is an incredible thing to witness! You will see your unborn child hanging out in their one womb apartment. A few cool features...
- They offer gender reveal parties that include cake, games, a fully decorated room, and MORE!
- Heartbeat stuffed animals
- They even offer diagnostic ultrasound services, like fetal anatomy screening, genetic testing, placenta location, amniotic fluid volume, and even cervix length check.
FIT4MOM Redlands & Yucaipa
FIT4MOM is the nation’s leading prenatal and postnatal fitness program, providing fitness classes and a network of moms to support every stage of motherhood. From pregnancy, through postpartum and beyond, their fitness and wellness programs help make moms strong in body, mind, and spirit.
- Try a class FREE!
- Fit4Baby® is a program designed to strengthen the body for all the changes it will experience during pregnancy. The class includes cardio, strength, flexibility and balance training. Fit4Baby is designed to accommodate all stages of pregnancy and various fitness levels.
- Stroller Strides® is a functional, total-body conditioning workout designed for moms with kids in tow. Each 60-minute workout is comprised of strength training, cardio and core restoration, all while entertaining little ones with songs, activities and fun! Each Stroller Strides instructor is skilled to meet you where you are mentally and physically. You’ll leave class feeling connected, successful and energized! No more mama guilt! This class is all about self-care in a supportive and encouraging environment.
- Stroller Barre® is a 60-minute cardio and strength interval class designed to improve posture, stability, and mobility. The workout combines moves inspired by barre, ballet, Pilates, fitness, and yoga to help you regain your posture and alignment and strengthen your body from the inside out! Stroller Barre will help you reconnect with your body, increase flexibility and develop the core strength needed for motherhood.
- Body Back® Transformation is an 8-week result based journey. You will focus on your mind and body improving your overall health and well being. The experience includes two 60-minute high-intensity interval workouts (HIIT) per week designed to challenge, empower, and recharge you. Additionally, pre and post fitness assessments are completed allowing you to see your progress and celebrate your accomplishments. Nutrition guidance is provided to educate and guide you toward healthy eating habits. The program also includes supplemental online workouts, accountability, and support. This eight-week journey will reconnect you to your inner strength and encourage you to believe in personal transformation.
- Our Village is YOUR place to... Support. Connect. Empower. Make a difference.
Our Village supports all moms, in all stages of motherhood. Each month activities are scheduled in your local area. Moms Night Out, playgroups, book clubs, family events, charitable events, and more are offered depending on your interests! Celebrate, find support with challenges, and be involved in your community with us. Together we can help each other find our common strength for motherhood!
Maternity + Newborn Photoshoot
We will suggest these three INCREDIBLE photographers. The choice comes down to your preference, but you can't go wrong with any of them.
Do you have a fur-baby already? Getting them prepared for the arrival of the new baby is never a bad idea. Debbie is both a mother and all around animal lover. Her techniques are all positive and based on the most current behavioral and animal psychology.
- More about Debbie
This one is for those of you looking for a unique and AMAZING gift to give an expecting mama. Clean Green offers a 6 week postpartum package. This package can be customized to fit whatever mama needs -- mop and vacuum floors, clean the kitchen, bathrooms, or all of the above! Call or DM Patty for a quote.
Mornings with an OT Mom
Are you the proud parent to a neurodiverse child? Here is one incredible free resource for you! Potty Training Guide for Neurodiverse Children
- For more OT info, a community ally, or fellow mama to a neurodiverse babe --> Mornings with an OT Mom
- Bonus: 5 Mindful Activities for Children
Mission Pediatrics specializing in theme-based, high-quality, compassionate care. Their Redlands location is a beautiful green renovated Victorian house across from Smiley Library. The entire inside has been redone in traditional Victorian style with tons of fun things to mesmerize kids of all ages. You won't find any sterile doctor office feeling at Mission Pediatrics -- even the paper towel dispensers are covered to look like orange crates!
- Most insurances are accepted.
Redlands Visitor Center
The Redlands Visitor Center has a private family room, sponsored by Mission Pediatrics, available to families for whatever they need. Mama's can stop by for a private and clean space to nurse uninterrupted. Dad's are welcome to use the only public changing table in downtown Redlands (complete with diaper packs curtesy of Mission Pediatrics). Your toddlers and older children will enjoy the fun scenery, coloring pages, and toys from Jacks Toy Shop. You can even put a movie on for them and close the baby gate (or door) while you check out the local artist offerings in the main area of the Visitor Center.
5 Bonus Unsolicited Mama Tips:
Got a nap-time climber?
If your toddler starts climbing out of their crib put them in a toddler sleep sack.
- If you have an extra strong-willed toddler (like mine) they will figure out how to unzip the sleep sack, or stick their little legs through the neck and arm holes – sew the neck and arm holes smaller and put the sleep sack on them inside out. Problem solved!
Sealable and disposable bags
Keep a bunch in your diaper bag! They are great for stinky diapers (so you don’t ruin everyone’s doctor office experience), wet clothes, dirty shoes, half eaten bananas... the list goes on forever.
Baby doesn’t like water?
Mix their favorite pureed baby food with water and feed it to them in a sippy cup, or with a spoon.
Going out of town, want to travel light, AND want a mini hotel date with your partner? Put baby to bed in a crib (never leave a baby unattended on a bed), and use one of your phones to FaceTime the other.
- Make sure the phone with baby is plugged in and not on mute.
- Make sure you have a charger and your phone is on mute.
Yay, make-shift baby monitor!
Birthing at a hospital and don’t know when to head there?
Jump in a warm shower. The warm water running over you make contractions tolerable. Stay there until your contractions are consistently 5 minutes apart.
**I was given this advice by my server at La Concha and will forever be grateful to her for it.
- Citrus Jewelry & Loan Gets Quizzed
- 06/18/20 by Guest Writer
- Citrograph – 133 Years, Still Going Strong
- 06/11/20 by Guest Writer
- Wake Up and Smell the Inequality
- 06/07/20 by Guest Writer
- Beloved Couture Bridal: Where Your Dress Makes a Difference
- 05/22/20 by Guest Writer