Redlands Fall Photo Contest - Home Edition
- Redlands CA
- Sun, Oct 21 at 08:00 AM + Add to Your Calendar
- Mon, Oct 22 at 08:00 AM + Add to Your Calendar
- Tue, Oct 23 at 08:00 AM + Add to Your Calendar
- Wed, Oct 24 at 08:00 AM + Add to Your Calendar
- Thu, Oct 25 at 08:00 AM + Add to Your Calendar
- Fri, Oct 26 at 08:00 AM + Add to Your Calendar
- Wed, Oct 31 at 11:59 PM + Add to Your Calendar
Whether you’re an amateur photographer armed with a smartphone or a seasoned professional with your trusty DSLR, our Redlands Fall Photo Contest - Home Edition is the perfect way to show off your passion for Redlands CA. Homes that look or are known to be haunted, Historical, Victorian, or a Redlands home from your childhood memories are included. Email us a snapshot of your favorite Redlands home and briefly tell us why the home inspired you. The top five finalists will be determined by the uniqueness of their image and the details of what inspired them.
You can submit photos through Friday, October 31. Be sure to upload a JPEG or PNG file (and read the official rules, voting terms, and photo permissions and rights granted before you do). Also, please note that we are vetting all photos before they’re posted on our site, so it may take a few hours for your photo to appear online. Submissions added HERE
Between November 5 and November 28, you can vote once for each of your favorite photos. The top five images will be determined by popular vote. The first place winner will be determined by Judge's decision. Judge David Hazekamp and company of Redlands Estate Sale Consignments. BONUS: David, Victorian and historic home enthusiast, will leave his comments about each home. You are SURE to learn something fun and interesting.
- FIRST PLACE: Private two hour tour of Redlands history with City Council member & former Editor of The Redlands Daily facts Toni Momberger and a $100 Citrone Restaurant & Bar
- SECOND PLACE: Van Craeynest Working Factory Tour for two. Van Craeynest San Francisco brought to Redlands -- pieces are die-struck and hand-crafted using old-world techniques and 100 year-old machines. Founded in 1926, Van Craeynest designs are inspired by the Art Deco and Art Nouveau eras that carry on the Van Craeynest Legacy. Located inside Emerson & Farrar Fine Jewelry on State Street (This is a special invitation tour not open to the public & includes the history of the historic building). After the tour dinner for two and a bottle of wine at Rok-n-Fondue.
- THIRD PLACE: Private tour for four of Mission Pediatrics Victorian home with Dr. Tim Watson. This historical home is a new pediatric office equipped with secret gadgets and lots of surprises. (This is a special invitation tour not open to the public & includes the history of the historic building) and brunch for four at D'vine.
- FOURTH PLACE: Private tour for four of Kimberly Crest and one microneedling treatment with Dr. Adriana and $50 Olive & Citrus Gift certificate.
- FIFTH PLACE: Brunch for two at Greensleeves Steakhouse.
Questions? Email Deborah@AboutRedlands.com for help. Good luck!
How to Enter
- During the Contest Period, entrants must submit their photographs via the contest’s website CustomerService@AboutRedlands.com
- SUBJECT LINE: Redlands Fall Photo Contest - Home Edition.
- Include the home address or street
- Include why the home inspired you. The top five finalists will be determined by the uniqueness of their image and the details of what inspired them.
- One entry per person. Any act to subvert the entry process in the Contest is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
- Photographs must be a single work of original material taken by the Entrant.
- By entering the Contest, the Entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the Entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close up of another person's art.
- All submissions to the Contest remain the property of the Entrant; however, as a condition of entering the contest the Entrant grants to the About Redlands Network a perpetual, royalty-free, fully transferable, unconditional, non-exclusive, worldwide right to reproduce any submission an unlimited number of times in any and all media for any editorial, commercial, promotional, or trade purposes. Additional terms and conditions for submissions will be included in the submission process.
Redlands Fall Photo Contest - Home Edition - Rules, Terms and Permissions
Official Rules for Photo Contest
- Eligibility: Redlands Fall Photo Contest - Home Edition October 2018 Contest (“Contest”) is open only to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and are legal residents of the United States and Puerto Rico, and other U.S. territories and possessions. Employees of About Redlands (“Sponsor”) or other companies associated with the Contest (including any advertising and promotion agencies), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Sponsor: About Redlands Network
- Agreement to Official Rules: By submitting an entry in the Contest, Entrant agrees to his/her full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- Entry Period: The Contest will begin at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 8, 2018 and end at 11:59 PM ET on October 31, 2018 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by October 31, 2018.
Five winners will be determined by one round of online voting that is open to the public from November 5, 2018, 12:01 AM to November 28, 2018 11:59 PM PT by commenting on the image in the Redlands Fall Photo Contest - Home Edition Gallery uploaded to the About Redlands Facebook page. The entries receiving the five highest vote counts will be awarded prizes in the following order: first, second, and third places. In the event that there is a tie, the Judges will determine the first place winner.
Notification and Requirements of Contest Winners
An individual is not deemed a winner unless and until he/she has complied with these Official Rules. Potential winners will be notified by email only. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the notification within five (5) days after Sponsor sent the notification or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from the results of the judging. Except where prohibited, a potential winner will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (“Affidavit/Release”). If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate Entrant will be selected in his/her place from the results of the voting. By participating, each winner, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to announce his/her name on the Sponsor’s Website as a winner and to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”): Five prizes will be awarded. The winner of the first-place prize will received the following: Private two hour tour of Redlands history with City Council member & former Editor of The Redlands Daily facts Toni Momberger, lunch for two at Citrone (excluding alcohol), The approximate retail value of the first-place prize is $500. TRAVEL NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE PRIZE. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes as well as any costs or expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being provided. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Winners may not request cash or other substitutions; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person for the entire Contest.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof) in the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, judge entries from all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors/trustees, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries, registration, votes or messages; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or registrations, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost, if any, of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees or other legal costs. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: This Contest shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the County of San Bernardino without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.
- Winners List: For the names of the winners (available after November 28, 2018), send an email to: CustomerService@AboutRedlands.com no later than December 13, 2018.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to vote.
- From November 5, 2018 at 12:01am Pacific Standard Time (“PT”) through November 28, 2018 at 11:59pm PT, visit About Redlands Facebook page to vote.
- Voters may submit one vote per entry, but may vote for multiple entries. Voters must follow instructions provided to submit their votes. Votes generated by script, macro, or other automated means or any other means intended to impact the integrity of the voting process as determined by the Sponsors may be void. Votes obtained by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, payment for votes or offering to trade votes, as determined by Sponsors (as defined below), in their sole discretion, may result in those votes being void and the entry at issue being disqualified.
- The About Redlands Network (the “Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective trustees, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen or delayed votes or for incorrect/inaccurate voting information or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, votes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any vote to be cast or tabulated on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the website, or any combination thereof or for any other reason. Released Parties are also not responsible for any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in the voting process or downloading any materials. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, or suspend the voting or void any vote should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, action of any individual, or other cause corruption of the voting or impair the administration, security, or fairness of the voting. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be violating these rules, tampering with the voting process, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or improper manner and void all associated votes. The decision of the Sponsor with respect to the tallying of votes, and the invalidation or disqualification of any suspected votes, shall be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and shall be final. Voting is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Sponsor: About Redlands Network
Permissions and Rights Granted
By submitting photographs (works) to the About Redlands Network you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You retain the copyright to all work(s) submitted to the About Redlands Network.
- You grant to the About Redlands Network a perpetual, royalty-free, fully transferable, unconditional, non-exclusive, worldwide right to reproduce the work(s) an unlimited number of times in any and all media for any editorial, commercial, promotional, or trade purposes.
- You hereby waive your right to inspect or approve any copy that is used in connection with the work(s) in any existing or subsequently developed medium, and you agree to release and discharge the About Redlands Network, including its affiliates and licensees, from any and all claims arising out of such use for the purposes described above, including any claims for libel and invasion of privacy.
- You represent and warrant that: a. you are the sole owner of, or otherwise have the authority to grant, all rights herein granted to the About Redlands Network; and b. work(s) submitted does not infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, violate any right of privacy, or contain libelous, scandalous, or unlawful material.
You agree that you have read the foregoing, fully understand its contents, and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
Promote Your Event on AboutRedlands.com
Visit our free event listing page to register your event on AboutRedlands.com.