Top 10 Musts: Yucaipa, CA
Did you know About Redlands supports Yucaipa, Highland, Loma Linda, and Mentone too? Well, it is about time we highlighted some of Yucaipa's gems!
Have you taken the time to explore Yucaipa recently? Their Uptown Historic District is thriving with tons of small, character filled, family-owned businesses. There are many more than what is on this list! So, if you discover or have a favorite Yucaipa business, please, let us know in the comment section below.
Yucaipa Regional Park is nestled in the foothills with views of the San Bernardino Mountains and Mount San Gorgonio. There is an essence of timelessness here, and an absolute MUST visit.
Things to do:
- Camping – full hookups, group tent sites, and ground campsites
- Fishing – All three lakes are stocked with trout (November – April), and catfish (May – September). A fishing license is required.
- Swimming – White sandy beach, one-half acre swimming lagoon, and double-flume water slides. Open Memorial weekend and closes Labor Day Weekend. All pools are monitored by lifeguards.
- Pedal Boats - pedalport
- Biking – There are bike paths as well as dirt trails weaving throughout the park.
- Disc Golf
- Hiking – There is a wide range of trails and paths to explore! Skill level ranks from easy, for leisurely stroll, up to difficult, for experienced hikers only.
- Nature Photography – If you are looking for poppies, this is the place for you in Spring! The mountains make for an excellent backdrop for any time of year.
Address: 33900 Oak Glen Road, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Suveg Cellars Vineyards and Winery is Yucaipa's first bonded winery - established in 2010 in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains. They are dedicated to producing the Rhone Valley and Bordeaux varietals of France, and the Piedmont and Tuscan varietals of Italy, in a style most consistent with their region's traditions.
With an annual production of greater than 2,500 cases of high-quality handcrafted artisan wines, Suveg Cellars produces both single varietal wines as well as fine blends in an old-world European style. From carefully selected fruit to meticulous winemaking practices, their wine embodies the very soul of French and Italian winemaking.
They also offer their tasting room as a reception + event venue for under 100 guests!
Address: 12132 California Street Yucaipa, CA 92399
Pro Tip: Do a wine flight and ask how each wine got its name. Their stories are too good!
This restaurant is family-owned and the epitome of authentic Greek food. The owners, Nick and Chris, are brothers who use their grandmother's and mother's recipes (with their own unique flare). Nothing is ever frozen and it is ALL homemade.
- Tzatziki with pita - classic and THE BEST
- Tiropita - feta cheese pie
- Spanakopita - spinach + feta cheese pie
- Traditional Gyro - gyro meat, tzatziki, onions, tomato
- Falafel Gyro (vegetarian) - falafel, Cucumber, onions, tomatoes, hummus, lettuce, tzatziki, tabouli
- Avgolemono Soup - chicken, vegetable, lemon, pasta soup
Tradition + Flare:
- BBQ Pita - gyro meat, grilled onions, BBQ sauce, and Swiss cheese
- Philly Style Pita - gyro meat, grilled onions, bell peppers, and melted cheese
- Fat Greek Breakfast Burrito - eggs, gyro meat, onions, tomatoes, Feta cheese, potatoes, bell peppers
Address: 33265 Yucaipa Blvd, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Queen Bean says it best themselves, "We at Queen Bean believe in community sustainability, where all of our products are locally sourced and within season. We take pleasure in placing a unique twist on classic food & beverage items and can provide vegan and gluten-free alternatives to many of our options.
Queen Bean Caffé aims to create a food and beverage alternative in which products are hand-crafted and served to perfection."
- Dulce De Leche Caramel Latté
- You Snicker, I Doodle Latté
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- Espresso Affogato Ice Cream Float
- Kombucha & BeerBoocha (on Tap)
- The T.B.C. - oven-roasted turkey, applewood bacon, avocado, homemade chipotle aioli, toasted and served on our artisan ciabatta bread
- The “Sloppy jack” Sandwich - marinated jackfruit, cranberry apple slaw, romaine lettuce, & avocado on an everything bagel (vegan)
- Granny's Apple Pie Crepe - sliced granny smith apples, cinnamon, sugar, and homemade whipped cream
- Buff Buddha - mixed baby greens, spinach, black beans, zucchini, yellow squash, and diced grilled chicken breast in our savory harmony sauce
Address: 12045 5th St, Yucaipa, CA 92399
This trail has a nice collection of short easy hikes and more energetic challenging ones. To reach the peak it will take around 1-2 hours. The 360-degree view from the top is nothing short of breathtaking.
- Dogs on leash welcome
- Mountain biking
- Length 4.3 mi
- Elevation Gain 1,246 ft
Address: 030312104, Yucaipa, CA 92399
If you know, you know. Their sushi is reasonably priced, fresh, creative, and in short, mind-blowing!
- Spicy Garlic Seared Tuna - spicy seared tuna sashimi with fried garlic and jalapenos
- Big Bang - salmon on top of a spicy scallop, cucumber roll
- Half Moon Bay - halibut with crunch on top of shrimp tempura roll
- Sweet Heart - fresh salmon with crunch on top of shrimp tempura roll
Address: 32999 Yucaipa Blvd, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Pro Tip: Ask about the specials! Ever. Single. Time.
If you are a comfort food connoisseur, this is the spot for you. They are open every day 6 AM - 2 PM, except Sundays when they are open 7 AM to 2 PM. You'll want to bring your appetite, and maybe a couple of friends.
- The Big Hoss - biscuits topped with a country fried steak, topped with fried potatoes + 3 eggs, then smothered in homemade sausage gravy and cheddar cheese
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Clarkie's Breakfast Burrito - polish sausage, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, mild green chilies, country gravy, cheddar cheese
- Clarkie's Breakfast Sandwich - 2 fried eggs, crisp bacon, cheddar cheese, on a grilled jalapeno cheddar sweet sourdough bun
- California Scrambler - crisp bacon pieces, avocado, jack cheese
- Spanish Scrambler - Ortega chilies, jalapeno, topped with cheddar and jack cheese
Address: 13661 Calimesa Blvd, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Welcome to vintage and antique lover heaven. Nostalgia Furniture and Décor receives fresh finds daily! They have a funky and eclectic variety sure to keep you coming back.
Address: 34968 Yucaipa Blvd, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Jakes Italian Bistro & Brew is the best of both worlds - walk in and turn right to get to the family-friendly bistro side, or turn left for the brew side complete with 25 taps at an L-shaped bar + TV's, and high/low tables.
- Baked Ziti - penne noodles mixed with your choice of sauce, house 3 cheese blend of mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan, baked with mozzarella on top.
- Pesto Chicken - grilled chicken breast, sauteed mushrooms, tomato, fresh basil, roasted garlic, and parmesan cheese tossed in pesto cream sauce served over penne pasta
- Penne A La Vodka - smoked bacon, Roma tomatoes, and basil with your choice of shrimp, chicken, or sausage tossed in house-made vodka sauce and served over penne pasta
- Jake's Pizza - grilled chicken, roasted garlic, roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, parmesan with alfredo sauce
- OG Pastrami Sandwich - grilled and seasoned pastrami, melted mozzarella, topped with spicy mustard and served on house french roll
- Teriyaki Burger - 1/2 pound Angus beef smothered in teriyaki sauce and topped with grilled pineapple, mozzarella, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle
Address: 12170 4th St, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Though each individual loop at El Dorado Ranch isn't terribly long you can get up to 7.2 miles by winding through each segment. All of the trails are easy up to intermediate level. Leashed dogs are welcome. You may also see horses and mountain bikers sharing these trails.
Address: 37186-, 37254 Oak Glen Rd, Yucaipa, CA 92399
**Be sure to check open hours on Google. El Dorado Ranch Park has been closed on and off the last year and a half.
- Top 10 Redlands Breakfast Spots
- 01/06/22 by Guest Writer
- 18 Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Redlands
- 09/14/18 by Guest Writer
- Creating More Relational Velcro With Your Customers
- 08/18/22 by Guest Writer
- The Murals of Downtown Redlands
- 02/14/20 by Guest Writer