The Barton House of Redlands
The Barton House wedding & event venue features a historic and beautiful setting for any event. The brick house and lush landscaping of our beautiful manicured lawn, California palm trees and rose garden with views of the San Gabriel mountain range make for the perfect backdrop to host your next event. Visit our website to schedule a tour and follow our new Instagram @thebartonhouseredlands to interact with our team!
As the second oldest brick building in San Bernardino Valley the Barton House was built by Dr. Benjamin Barton in 1867 after he purchased the land from the earliest Mormon settlers to the region.
Born on his father’s South Carolina plantation in 1823, he graduated from medical school in 1846 and spent some time as a surgeon for the Texas Rangers. He lived in San Bernardino Valley for 42 years and served as County Superintendent of Schools, suggested the site for Big Bear dam, was elected to the state assembly in 1861 and was instrumental in establishing this county as a separate political entity, as it was originally part of Los Angeles county.
The building’s architectural style is French Second Empire and is the second oldest brick building in the county, with some walls 18 inches thick!
After many years of the home sitting vacant and deteriorating, Dr. Terry Vines restored it around 2000. In 2003 it was renovated as office space for various professional businesses.