Walking with the Council + Coffee with the Council
First Walking with the Council of 2018 scheduled for Saturday
Redlands residents are invited to join in Walking with the Council this Saturday, March 17, from 9 to 10:30 a.m. on the eastern leg of the Orange Blossom Trail starting at Grove Street. Mayor Paul Foster and Council Member Jon Harrison will attend. In the event of rain, the meeting will be canceled.
Walking with the Council is an expansion of the popular Coffee with the Council meetings that began in February 2011 as part of the City’s continuing efforts to increase interaction with residents and promote transparency in City affairs. Walking with the Council was added in 2017 in an effort to also promote the City’s trails and healthy habits. Both meetings are intended to provide opportunities for residents to ask questions or share concerns outside the formal setting of a City Council meeting.
This weekend’s walk is the first of four Walking with the Council meetings planned for 2018 along the City’s walking trails. The schedule for the remaining walks is below:
- July 21 – Orange Blossom Trail - east, beginning at the railroad trestle on the Orange Blossom Trail near Center/Texas Street and Redlands Boulevard;
- Oct. 20 – Santa Ana River Trail (future alignment), starting at Cave Street and Riverview Drive
The Coffee with the Council schedule for 2018 is below:
- Feb. 24 - Olive Avenue Market, 530 W. Olive Ave.
- April 21 - Stell Coffee & Tea Company, 1580 Barton Road, Suite A;
- June 16 - Cuca’s Mexican Food, 1752 E. Lugonia Ave.;
- Sept. 15 - Olive Avenue Market, 530 W. Olive Ave.
- Nov. 17 – Redlands Community Center, 111 W. Lugonia Ave.
Council members rotate attendance for both Coffee with the Council and Walking with the Council, with no more than two council members at each meeting.
Promote Your Event on AboutRedlands.com
Visit our free event listing page to register your event on AboutRedlands.com.