WHY SHOULD I FLOAT?
Take your current smart phone for example. Ever notice how it functions when all of the apps are open and it hasn’t reset in a while? But, if you close some of the apps, your device will function faster. Turn it off, and it works even better.
Now, imagine we’re like our smart phones; we have a finite amount of “processing” power. When all of our “apps” are open, we start to make mistakes or see outcomes that are not typical. But like our smart phone, if we clear the “apps”, we can start to process better, faster, and with more depth, creating an outcome of a higher degree than previously possible. Floating is the reset button!
When you go into a float center, then the room, and finally in the float itself, you literally put yourself in an environment that promotes the reduction of stimuli essentially closing those “apps” as they are no longer receiving inputs.
Yoga Sutra 1.3 says “Once we are able to calm the fluctuations of the mind, our perception of reality becomes clear. No longer clouded with thoughts of the past or the future, reality sharpens, and we finally understand our true nature”.
ZERO GRAVITY | HEALING | THERAPY
Under stress, your hypothalamus (the almond-sized part of your brain just above your brainstem) signals your adrenal glands to release the stress hormones adrenaline and cortisol. Chronic stress leads to an overactive hypothalamus, which can lead to depression. Floating helps combat depression and anxiety by minimizing your cortisol production.
Floating combats stress in two main ways. First, the water’s magnesium inhibits ACTH, a hormone that drives your adrenal glands to release the stress hormone cortisol. Magnesium also improves sleep quality, which contributes to feeling less stressed.
The sensory deprivation component of floating also minimizes stress. In a recent study, people who floated eight times in two weeks saw their cortisol decrease by 21.6 percent. They also showed a 50.5 percent decrease in cortisol variability, meaning, they handled stressful situations better without the cortisol spikes. SOURCE
- COGNITIVE: Floating slows the brain from a faster Beta wave, for quick processing, to a Theta wave. Theta waves are slower and associated with short & long term memory storage and creativity. Though it is hard to measure creativity, floaters report being more creative post float. Other reasons people float include: depression, PTSD, migraines, anxiety, overcome addictions and sleep disorders.
- MUSCULAR: Floating in Epsom salt concentration, promotes your blood cells to dilate, allowing nutrients to flow faster, promoting recovery! Next, the benefits reach the tissues, then the muscles, and finally the organs. Floating reduces blood pressure and cortisol levels, which reduces feelings of stress and anxiety in the body. The longer we float, the more nulled the anxiety response becomes.
- SKELETAL: When floating, 89.9% of gravity’s effects are removed allowing all your joints to spread, delivering fresh oxygenated blood. This happens all over your body at once! Imagine no pressure points, and all of your joints releasing from your ankles, to your knees, to your hips, to the vertebras in your back. Think supreme comfort.
- Muscle Tissue REJUVENATION: By promoting water into the blood vessels, floating supports recovery on the smallest level. The recovery of micro tears and worked muscles is reduced, getting you back into the game sooner!
- Heightened Senses: Floating reduces the noise of life and allows us to notice the details that were once lost. Without distractions we make faster decisions in every aspect, both mentally and physically.
- Boosted Immunity: Being in the low gravity environment, your body now has the tools to heal itself and start long-term relief with a boosted immunity.
- Reduction in Pain: Low gravity speeds recovery which naturally heals the body at a faster rate. Customers come for pain relief in the following areas: light-severe pain relief, fibromyalgia, Arthritis, inflammation, and athletic injuries.
- Well being: The mind is key. Keeping a healthy mind and thought process by unplugging and clearing our “apps”, we can focus on the important things that bring us actual happiness.
- Total Relaxation: Quiet meditative environment free of interruptions and distractions.
- Stress Relief: Large group studies show major reductions in stress levels from vast sample groups of all backgrounds. Floating promotes stress relief by reducing the stress hormone cortisol, while increasing dopamine.
- Sleep Regulation: Studies show that higher levels of relaxation allow endorphins to flow naturally, encouraging natural sleep periods for longer durations.
- Accelerated Learning: Floaters have attributed improvements in both personal, as well as professional goals and hobbies. While floating without distractions, you process, absorb and store information at a higher rate.
- Low Gravity: By adding 850+ Lbs. of Epsom salt we alter the specific gravity of the water. This displaces and supports the floater’s weight in an environment similar to the mother’s womb!
Sandy said on Jan 7, 2019
The facility is clean, calming and restful. Floating is the best pain reliever! It just makes you feel less stressed, more calm and more relaxed. Great place..I will return, hopefully often!
Krishelle Hansen said on Dec 2, 2018
Floating is the best ever!
Nancy Newton said on Dec 1, 2018
I have done this a couple of times it is a very unique experience I loved it!
Traci Low said on Nov 2, 2018
We LOVE floating... I even recommend it to our clients!
Shelby Stone said on Oct 18, 2018
Amazing experience! I've never "floated" before and I could not have asked for a better first time. Great customer service, beautiful facility, everything was so clean, and they have thought of everything you could need!
Submit a Review
Your review will be posted soon.